Terms and ConditionsAITadmin2018-08-17T13:26:58-06:00
We strive to do business in good faith and we hope our customers will too. Even with well-intentioned parties there is bound to be some miscommunication or confusion. This is the legal stuff our attorney says we have to post. The following is meant to clearly define the terms and conditions of our service. So here we go.
1. Deposits and payments, in part or in whole, mean that you accept these terms and conditions.
2. We collect an initial deposit to reserve your spot on each tour you want to attend.
3. Full payment is due 30 days prior to the trip start date unless otherwise specified for a particular tour. If we don’t receive full payment within 60 days of the trip start date, we will attempt to contact you by phone, email and/or postal mail to remind you of the outstanding balance. If full payment is not received within 30 days of the trip start date, we will cancel your reservation. Your deposit is non-refundable.
4. If you cancel. We understand that life happens and the unforeseeable can prevent you from traveling with us. Please let us know as soon as possible that you can’t make your trip. We will do everything we can to refund as much of your payment as possible. We are not interested in collecting money from you if you have an unexpected change in plans – but we also can’t afford to cover expenses we incur on your behalf when we’re arranging your trip. We will work with you in good faith but we make no guarantee of any refund or credit after 30 days prior to the trip start date.
5. If we cancel. In the unlikely event that we must cancel an itinerary, we will give you as much advance notice as possible. You can then choose to apply any money you have sent towards another trip or we will provide a full refund as soon as possible but no more than 30 days after notification.
6. Trip insurance. We strongly recommend that you purchase trip insurance that will cover your losses from cancelations, flight delays, lost luggage, theft, civil unrest, acts of war or any other event. Contact us for recommended trip insurance companies.
7. Release and waiver of liability. We do our best to ensure a fun, safe travel experience. However, travel involves inherent risks. Our tours include travel by air, private vehicle, public transportation, elephant rides, river rafting, boating, hiking, walking and other activities that can result in bodily injury and even death. Your deposit and/or payment is your acknowledgement that you are aware that these activities are hazardous and that you could be seriously injured or even killed. By accepting these terms and conditions you agree that you are voluntarily participating in these activities with knowledge of the dangers involved, and agree to assume any and all risks of bodily injury, death or property damage, whether those risks are known or unknown. You also forever release Awake in Thailand LLC, any affiliated organization, and their respective owners, directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, contractors, and representatives (collectively “Releasees”) from any and all actions, claims, or demands that you or your assignees, heirs, distributees, guardians, next of kin, spouse and legal representatives now have, or may have in the future, for injury, death, or property loss or damage, related to (i) your participation in these activities, (ii) the negligence or other acts, whether directly connected to these activities or not, and however caused, by any Releasee, or (iii) the condition of the premises where these activities occur, whether or not you are then participating in the activities. You also agree that you, your assignees, heirs, distributees, guardians, next of kin, spouse and legal representatives will not make a claim against, sue, or attach the property of any Releasee in connection with any of the matters covered by the foregoing release.
8. Medical Insurance. Thailand has excellent medical facilities and good doctors, however, foreigners are not covered under Thai national medical programs. We strongly recommend that you obtain medical insurance to cover any treatment you may need in Thailand. Awake in Thailand LLC does not provide this insurance and will not be responsible for your medical bills should you need treatment.
9. Changes. We do our best to arrange exceptional experiences at destinations throughout Thailand and neighboring countries. We strive to run our tours as planned but sometimes there are unforeseen circumstances or events beyond our control. We reserve the right to change the itineraries, destinations and activities of any of our tours, before and after booking, and during the tour itself, to respond to these events and circumstances with no refund or credit for missed activities.
10. Photography. We take photographs and video during all of our tours. We use these images to promote our business. We also share these photographs with our guests for their personal, non-commercial use. Awake in Thailand LLC reserves all rights to the photographs and video we take. You agree to allow Awake in Thailand LLC use photographs and video in which you appear for promotion and advertising purposes. We do not sell photographs or video of our guests. You also agree not to sell photographs or video of our guests, or use their images for any illegal purpose.
11. Luggage. Our tours are small and utilize private transportation. Guests must be able to carry their own luggage between their accommodations and the vehicle. We must limit the amount of luggage to one (1) piece per guest not to exceed 50 lb. Please see our suggested packing list.
12. Disabilities. Thailand and neighboring countries do not have the handicapped facilities and accommodations that we’re used to in the U.S. We do not have access to wheelchairs or wheelchair-capable transportation in Thailand. You and everyone in your party must be able to enter and exit a small van with minimal assistance. You must be able to walk short distances on uneven and loose surfaces, negotiate stairs and steep inclines and use a squat-style toilet. If anyone in your party has special needs or disabilities, please contact us before making a reservation so we can help determine if the trip is appropriate for you. We can usually design a custom itinerary to accommodate special needs.
13. By making a deposit or payment to us you are certifying that you and those in your party do not have any physical or mental disability that could cause a hazard to yourself or others. AWake in Thailand LLC reserves the right to refuse to accept anyone on a trip. We also reserve the right to remove anyone from a tour, at his or her own expense, whose condition is such that he or she could create a hazard to himself or others, or otherwise impact the enjoyment of other guests.
14. These terms and conditions may be modified by Awake in Thailand LLC for clarity or to add new items as necessary, without notification. All guests who have a current reservation with us will be notified of any changes prior to their trip.
15. We’re really reasonable people and would rather solve any dispute to everyone’s satisfaction between the involved parties. In the unlikely event that we just can’t find a mutually acceptable solution, then the dispute will be decided under the laws and in the courts of the State of Idaho, USA.